Functional Neuro-Development – The Melillo Method (Sydney and Melbourne)
Sydney, NSW 2000 Australia
Mar 06 – Mar 15, 2021
IS THIS SEMINAR FOR YOU?
WHat You Will LEarn
* Over 6 days (2 x 3-day weekends), Dr Melillo, 30 years of clinical experience, research and publications and teaching experience, will provide the most cutting edge scientific research, functional assessment tools and advanced treatment modalities
* The Melillo Method is a complete methodology and tool-kit that aims to help both paediatric and adults patients with a range of neuro-developmental imbalance. History forms, diagnostic checklists, clinical rationale and treatment approaches have been developed for the practitioner in mind.
* Understand and appreciate how many clinical behavioural, emotional and physical conditions can be assessed and managed with a functional neuro-developmental model
* Learn the latest in primitive reflex therapy, spinal and posture, vestibular, eye movements, brainstem integration, cortical connectivity and hemispheric integration
* Clinic ready history forms, diagnostic checklists, clinical rationale and treatment approaches have been developed for the practitioner in mind.
Certification and Fellowship Credentials
A certificate of attendance will be issued for one or both modules
Certificate: The 45 hours count towards the IAFNR (The international association of Functional Neurology & Rehabilitation) certification course (150 hours required + test). Available for healthcare and non-healthcare professionals.
Fellowship: The 45 hours counts towards the required hours for the fellowship credentials. The fellowship testing is administered through IBFN (International Board of Functional Neurology). This is a post-graduate competency-based qualification for a Fellowship in Childhood Neurodevelopmental Disorders. This is available for healthcare practitioners only
Note: the Certificate and Fellowship qualification are organised by international bodies and not by Brain Hub Academia or other Australian organisations.
HURRY UP! Only 30 seats remaining at Early Bird Price…
We sold out of very early bird tickets in 5 days!!!
After Dec 11, or if sold earlier, tickets will be available at regular pricing only
DON’T MISS THIS UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY TO SEE AND LEARN FROM THE RENOWNED DR ROBERT MELILLO IN AUSTRALIA PRESENTING A CONDENSED 45 HOUR PROGRAM
Early Bird pricing valid only Dec 11, or sold out earlier with limited tickets available
Purchase Your Tickets
MARCH 6-8, 2021 (MELB)
WHAT IS FUNCTIONAL NEURO-DEVELOPMENT?
- Bottom-up vs Top-down development, and Inside out vs outside in brain Complexity and chaos theory and it’s the relationship to brain development
- Brain development stages primitive reflex, sensory-motor, behavior, and cognitive stages.
- The Brain Developmental Blueprint Approach to examination and in the development of specific treatment programs
- What is muscle tone? Why is it so important?
THE MELILLO METHOD EXAM: A. HEMISPHERIC POSTURAL, TONE AND SYMMETRY
The Dominance Profile / Treatment options
- Why do we have a dominance profile, the phylogenetic and developmental origins
THE MELILLO METHOD EXAM: B – THE PRIMITIVE REFLEXES
- What are primitive reflexes, what is their purpose?
- How to properly assess and inhibit primitive reflexes infants, children, adolescents and adults
- Fear Paralysis Reflex
- Tonic Labrynthine Reflex
- Asymmetric Tonic Neck Reflex
- Moro Reflex
- Symmetric Tonic Neck Reflex
- The Spinal Galant
- The Babinski Reflex
- The Palmer Grasp Reflex
- The Rooting and Sucking Reflex
THE MELILLO METHOD EXAM: C – CORE STABILITY AND STRENGTH
The development of the posturomotor system, core stability, and how to functionally assess
- Prone Core testing
- Supine Core testing
- Lateral Core testing
- Flex/Extension Functional Ratios
- Lateral flexion functional ratios
- Curl Ups
MARCH 13-15, 2021 (SYD)
THE MELILLO METHOD EXAM: E – OCULOMOTOR
- Development and Function of the Oculomotor System
- Ocular Alignment Testing
- Optokinetic Testing
- Involuntary Saccades
- Smooth Pursuits
- Voluntary Saccades
THE MELILLO METHOD EXAM: F – BRAINSTEM AND CRANIAL NERVE
- Review functional anatomy and developmental stages of the Medulla, Pons, Mesencephalon
- Smell Assessment (CN 1)
- Pupillometry (CN 2)
- Oculomotor Function(CN3,4,6 ,Previously reviewed)
- Branchial Arch Cranial Nerves,5,7,9,10,11,(Chewing, swallowing, ingesting, facial Tone and Symmetry, vocalization, Autonomic regulation, Gesturing, and the social engagement system
- Review the Development of the Autonomic System and the Polyvagal Theory
- Vestibule/Acoustic Nerve Hearing
THE MELILLO METHOD EXAM: G – CORTICAL
- Cortical Neuroanatomy /Layers
- Fast and Slow Neurons, Thinking Slow and Thinking Fast
- Dorsal Vs ventral stream sensory processing
- Assessing the parietal vs the temporal lobe functions
- Coticostriatalcerebellothalmocortico network, the basis of all normal and abnormal human behavior
- Functional Neuroanatomy/Assessment/Treatment options
- Basal Ganglia
- Prefrontal Cortex
- The Hyperdirect pathway and hemispheric regulation of behavior
- Prefrontal Cortex, areas and functional assessment/treatment options
- Premotor/Supplemental areas
- Frontal Eye Fields
- Dorsolateral Prefrontal Cortex
- Orbitofrontal Cortex
- Anterior Cingulate
THE MELILLO METHOD: H – HEMISPHERIC INTEGRATION
- Development of the immune System and hemispheric regulation
- Reviewing the most current scientific literature as to what is actually happening in the brain of neurobehavioral disorders right and left hemisphere syndromes) and what we can do about them.
THE MELILLO METHOD: I – FUNCTIONAL CONNECTIVITY, NETWORK DYNAMICS, AND GRAPH THEORY
- Hemispheric controls and concept of Functional Disconnection
- Systems Neuroscience, beyond neuroanatomy and neurochemistry. The Neurophysics of the Brain
- Oscillations, Synchronizations, Graph theory and Rhythms of the brain
- Measuring Brain Networks and their functions QEEG and Functional Assessments
- Putting It all together, using The Melillo Method exam and treatment forms to formulate a specific and individualized treatment plan.
Dates And Time
Saturday – 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Sunday – 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Monday – 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Saturday – 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Sunday – 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Monday – 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Send a Email
Take A Look At Our Website
1300 770 197
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Venue parking is very limited. We recommend using public transport to and from the venue
The registration ticket is inclusive of 10% GST
Yes, we will be enjoying morning and afternoon coffee/tea breaks with light food, as well as lunch for each day
We recommend paying with credit card through our online payment portal PayPal. If you would prefer, you may pay via bank EFT. Please make payment to: Carlo Rinaudo, NAB, BSB: 082-356 Acct No: 57-101-8036. Once you have made payment, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a screenshot of payment
Yes, it’s aimed as a substantial and condensed short program into functional neuro-development and is suitable for practitioners with little or no training in the field
In the event of ongoing COVID-19 restrictions:
If the event is postponed:
– and you’re unable to attend the rescheduled event, a $50 processing fee per ticket will be deducted from your refunded registration fee.
– and you would like to continue attending the event with the rescheduled dates, then no fee or charges apply
If the event is cancelled:
- a refund will be issued to all registrants less a $50 processing fee per ticket
Once the event is confirmed with COVD-19 restrictions eased for international and domestic travel, and gathering sizes, then the following cancellation policies will be in place
If you cancel on/before Feb 1st, 2021, a $150 processing fee per ticket will be charged on refund
If you cancel on/before Feb 26th, 2021, a 50% processing fee per ticket will be charged on refund
If you cancel after Feb 26th, 2021, there will be no refund.
Tickets are transferable with notification to email@example.com
Dr Melillo is considered an internationally recognised authority on the topic for over 30 years. He has authored many books and taught his programs for decades. His approach is cutting-edge and always evolving with the latest research and his continuing clinical experience.
The Organizers and co-Organizers of the conference shall not be held responsible for any delay or failure in performance of its obligations hereunder to the extent such delay or failure is caused by fire, flood, strike, civil, governmental or military authority, acts of God, acts of terrorism, acts of war, epidemics, the un-availability of the venue or other similar causes beyond its reasonable control and without fault or negligence. For one or more of such reasons, the organizers and any co-organizers of the meeting may postpone, reschedule or cancel the event without liability on the part of organizers and co-organizers of the Meeting. In the event the meeting cannot be held or is postponed pursuant to this section, the organizers and co-organizers of the Meeting shall not be liable to any attendees for any direct, consequential or incidental damages, injures, costs, or losses incurred, such as transportation costs, accommodations costs, or financial losses.
In registering for Functional Neuro-Development seminar, participants agree that neither Brain Hub Academia nor tany affiliate parties assume any liability whatsoever. Participants should therefore organize their own health, travel and personal insurances.